Our Blog

Tasted : Hound Dogs Chili Specials


Cold weather does not mark the end of Hound Dogs hot dog cart downtown. Still on the same street corner of Union and Main, my hubby Christopher is warming things up by introducing a delicious vegetarian chili served up two ways: in a bag of Fritos and on a dog with unexpected toppings.

The “Christo” is Christopher’s version of another restaurant’s bowl of Fritos and chili called the Presto. I, myself, like the resourceful use of the bag which Christopher also called the “handwarmer”.

The “You Dirty Dog” is a heaping spoonful of lentil based chili on your choice of kosher beef or turkey dog. Toppings are relish, onion, and mustard sure to make you crave the exact combination every time. {I usually don’t eat onions but I love it in this combination.} He cuts the dog in segments so you can easily eat it with a spoon. Also must mention by request of my hubby, when you order you have to say "You Dirty Dog" like a old New York gangster {for his entertainment ~ I don't question it anymore. It's better to play along.}

Hound Dogs Hot Dog Cart
Corner of Union and Main
Downtown Memphis
Ph +1.901.596.7941

twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

norococo Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2014

Powered by Blogger.