Our Blog

Living in Cambodia: Part 2

{Auction Item: Cambodian Paper Currency, 1 of 3 shown}
Click on photo to bid on nicely framed currencies.

Welcome today's guest contributor Maddy, Daly's friend who also grew up in Cambodia and is a high school student there. Her dad is in the government and her mom also works in a company. Below she answers the same questions posed to Daly about her thoughts on living in Cambodia. {She requested her photo not be posted.}

Describe your typical week.
My typical week is just school and hanging out with friends.

What are you studying and why?
I don't have a major yet.

Will you stay in Cambodia to work or continue your education?
I will continue into college after high school here. I was thinking of continuing high school in USA.

What other places are you looking to live?
I might also want to live in USA when I grow up.

What is it like being a woman in the work or school environment? Do you think you are treated equally to men?
I think I am treated equally towards other students doesn't matter the gender or race.

What is your knowledge of the Khmer Rouge history and the Khmer Rouge trial happening right now?
I know quite a bit about the history as my parents use to talk about it and also I have learned about it in school before. I know there is a trial going on but I don't know how it is coming out.

Would you be a different person if you grew up in a Western country such as the U.S. instead of Cambodia?
I think I might be different as in expressing myself and also emotional issues.

Do you find that it is hard to succeed in Cambodia when you are raised in a place or family of little money?
I think it is hard because very few of those that were raised in a family with little money actually succeed and have a good future.

Do you have anything else about Cambodia that you want people to know that you don't think they already do?
ummm...I think they should know that we a very good people and that most of us have a patient heart to make things better for our lives and others too.

Thanks Maddy!

If you have other questions you would like to ask, post them in the comments or email me at

No comments:

Post a Comment

norococo Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2014

Powered by Blogger.