Our Blog

Celebrating a Personal Celebrity


Happy Birthday to Christopher! I painted a picture of my hubby Christopher a while back for an art auction, and thought since I didn't have the painting, it would work better to wear his image on a t-shirt anyway. We see and wear rock stars and celebrities on t-shirts all the time so why not your own personal "celebrity".

Directions: You can make the t-shirt just by taking a headshot photo and using an editing software such as Adobe Illustrator or a free open source program such as Photoscape or Inkscape {which I both love and find easy to use} to auto-trace and create outlines filled with any solid color of your choice. You can print on an iron-on photo transfer sheet or as a more time consuming option cut out a stencil and paint on the shirt. The latter was how I made parts of the painting.
***
This year, my hubby wants to have a quiet birthday, so as his birthday falls on Groundhog Day, we will watch the movie "Groundhog Day" at home, as we usually do at least every year. His favorite scene to quote from is below. His favorite line is in bold. The movie's main love interest Rita describes a pretty universal "perfect guy" which all men who are trying to woo a woman claims to be I'm sure. {It's a great movie for Valentine's Day too.}

{ Phil } Who is your perfect guy?
{ Rita } Well first of all he's too humble to say he's perfect.
{ Phil } That's me!
{ Rita } He's intelligent, supportive, funny.
{ Phil } Intelligent. Supportive. Funny. Me. Me. Me.
{ Rita } Romantic and courageous.
{ Phil } Me, also.
{ Rita } He's got a good body but he doesn't have to look in the mirror every two minutes.
{ Phil } I have a great body and sometimes I go months without looking.
{ Rita } He's kind, sensitive and gentle. He's not afraid to cry in front of me.
{ Phil } This is a man, right?
{ Rita } He likes animals and children, and he'll change poopy diapers.
{ Phil } Does he have to use the word "poopy"?
{ Rita } Oh, and he plays an instrument, and he loves his mother.
{ Phil } I am really close on this one. Really, really close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

norococo Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2014

Powered by Blogger.