Our Blog

Guest Music Mix {TRISTAN CLOPÊT}

This week I'm thrilled to have  singer/songwriter Tristan Clopet pick a song for each day. He is working on a new album, out May 31st, and the first single "A Chat with my Brain" will be available tomorrow on iTunes and on his website. I'll share the link tomorrow that will reveal the single cover art I've been working on with him.  Tristan also has a great video series called "Living Room Sessions" that include great cover songs definitely worth your time to explore. The list below is his description of the songs he's picked. Go to the sidebar music player to find out which song he's chosen for each day. Thanks Tristan!

M / The Strokes / The newest song from the best band of the 00's. Good example here of why Nick Valensi is one of my favorite guitarists of all times. I also really love how the song spins you for a loop a few times. You're left wondering what the hell is going on? That's always good. 

T Beach House / Love this band. Talk about chill. Beach House take me to another level of chill. I love the third chord of the chorus. I really didn't see it coming. 

W / The Last Shadow Puppets / Alex Turner is my favorite lyricist of this generation. I draw a lot on his inspiration. Amazing recording (album, really) of strings and horns.

TH / David Bowie / I'd love to switch places with him for a couple hours just to see how different it feels to be a complete fucking genius. This is one of my countless favorites from one of the greatest of all time.

F / LCD Soundsystem / Because I wasn't going to pick Rebecca Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment

norococo Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2014

Powered by Blogger.