Our Blog

Guest Music Mix { Jeff Hulett } / Rock for Love 5 Line-Up

Good morning all. To make this week extra bearable (at least for me), super-talented Memphis musician Jeff Hulett, in more bands than anyone I know, has selected this week’s music mix.  Jeff is also the PR and communications coordinator for the Church Health Center (CHC) and co-coordinator of Rock for Love, a benefit concert for the CHC, now in its fifth year. With his newest band Glorie, he’s performing the second night of Rock for Love. 
 
Enjoy Jeff’s great mix listed with the band name next to each day with his description below. To find out what song he's selected, visit the sidebar music player each day. Thanks Jeff! Don’t forget to head out to Rock for Love 5 starting this Thursday. See the line-up in the poster below and stay tuned for more Rock for Love postings. Going on Now: An online auction for the CHC with really cool local items. Click here to bid.


M / Helio Sequence / This song is a great tune to start out the week. It always puts me in a good mood and helps me get my mind right for the week ahead. 

T / Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers / I picked this tune because it helps me realize that no matter what, everything will work itself out.

W / Balanescu Quartet / This is a Kraftwerk cover that I really want my band Glorie to cover. 

TH / Arcade Fire /
I recently saw them at the Orpheum and I’ve been playing this album non-stop. This tune in particular is a perfect song to get you ready for the weekend. 

F /
R. Kelly / This song always makes me think of being on the road with Snowglobe. I think we all know every word to this jam.



Poster design by Sasha Barr of Sub Pop. Photo of Jeff by Tom Hibdon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

norococo Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2014

Powered by Blogger.