Our Blog

Tasted - Bounty on Broad - Butcher and Restaurant

With Bounty's butcher shop now open, the young and already beloved restaurant fully embraces its concept of fresh and local.

When owner and chef Jackson Kramer opened Bounty on Broad last fall, Memphis welcomed it with open arms. It was another thoughtful addition to the Broad Avenue district, as a full renovation of a historic building built in the 1800s.

Based on many reviews of the restaurant opening, the open arms were largely extended to Chef Jackson and his return to the Memphis food scene. He was eager to share a menu driven by his roots and his own style. The result is a casual, family-style menu sourced with local ingredients. The idea for a butcher shop was built into the design.


Chef Jackson worked with partner Taylor Berger, architecture team Jason Jackson and Steve Berger of brg3s, and contractor Jeff Hutzel to plan and renovate the 2-story building into a space that seems as if it has been a neighborhood establishment for decades. With Jackson's wife Carrie as general manager, they are both a part of the welcoming restaurant atmosphere greeting diners and serving customers at the butcher shop.

Here you will find a few of my images of the space that don't do it justice, and images of just a few plates I tasted on my visits to Bounty on Broad. I often find myself craving vegetables - sweet corn, brussel sprouts, and roasted beets. These were the items on the menu that drew me in, but after trying the delicious trout and duck, I had new reasons to go back. And as expected of any great southern restaurant, they have some specially crafted cocktails great for this warmer weather. Pair it with great food shared amongst family and friends, and it'll feel like home.




Bounty on Broad
Open for Sunday brunch and dinners. Butcher shop open during select times during the week and on Saturdays. Follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for more updates. Don't forget to make Mother's Day brunch reservations.

Logo (shown on the first image and successfully in almost every photo of the restaurant) and branding by Jason Prater of Farmhouse Marketing.

Much to admire.


Bounty on Broad on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post.Thanks for sharing.This is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. butcher market in Guildford

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food blogs are always my favorite whenever I see a food blog I read it fully and I also try the food that is mentioned in the blog. So you suggested a restaurant and I saw this place but I never visited it but now I will try some food here and let see how it will taste.

    ReplyDelete

norococo Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2014

Powered by Blogger.