Our Blog

Tasted ~ Bardog Tavern



I’ve only heard great things about Bardog Tavern so I was eager to give it a try. Our group lunch a few weeks ago had both newcomers and devoted regulars. We were all extremely happy with our meals, which proves again that the best food in Memphis can be found in taverns, bars, or pubs. {The three photos of my friend John David’s sandwich are only shown small because it was partly eaten. I think the shot would look more appetizing before the first bite.} See what we tasted below.

Tasted
Monster Vegetarian Burrito ~ Black beans & Rice, Pico de Gallo, Pepperjack, Salsa & Sour Cream on the Side
Grilled Cheese Deluxe ~ Ham, Bacon, and Tomato
Spaghetti ~ Served with Marinara, Grandma’s NJ Meatballs and Side Salad
The “Amazing” Island Club ~ Grilled Chicken, Ham, Fried Egg, Bacon, Provolone, White American, Avocado, Onion, Lettuce, Tomato, and Spicy Mayo
Sandwiches/Burrito ordered with Potato Salad or Fries




Christopher and I split the generous spaghetti dish. I think anytime I crave spaghetti and meatballs I’m going to think of this dish. The sauce and meatballs were really something special. Around the table, the other big raves were over the “Amazing” Island Club. Just reading over the ingredients how could you resist.

For Next Time ~ My Picks
The “Amazing” Island Club
Saloon Sliders
Mussels
Shrimp Scampi
Saturday/Sunday Brunch ~ Lobster Sandwich




As I mentioned before, the tavern atmosphere was a photographer’s dream. From the red delivery scooter parked in front to the red bench seating, I was gathering ideas for future projects.

Bardog Tavern
Downtown
73 Monroe
Memphis, TN 38103
ph +1.901.275.8752

Photos/graphic by Sophorn. Thanks John David, Callie, James, Jim, and Chrisopher for being part of the photographed lunch.


Bardog Tavern on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

norococo Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2014

Powered by Blogger.