Our Blog

Five Guys Burgers and Fries { Little Rock, Arkansas }



The route to Austin from Memphis took us through Little Rock, Arkansas just 2-1/2 hours out, which was a lot less time than I mentally prepared myself for. We stopped in Five Guys for a quick dinner only because it was relatively close to the interstate but stepped inside to see major raving reviews and awards plaster the walls. I had never heard of the franchise before, missing the recent media tidbit that Obama ordered his White House staff lunch from there. The media reporting exactly where Obama ordered food had to mean Five Guys Burgers had to be of some significance.

Although the national top ratings and reviews were impressive, the menu itself made everyone else's apparent excitement much more believable. Sure, you had the choice of a burger or cheeseburger but offering grilled mushrooms, A-1 steak sauce or hot sauce as an option next to the typical ones automatically raised them above the typical fast food restaurant. As I waited for my cheeseburger with traditional dressing plus the grilled mushrooms and onions, I shoveled out a serving of the roasted peanuts. They were free which made the burger joint one other step from ordinary. Back to the burger. I've tasted a lot of great burgers, gourmet and greasy spoon versions, but my senses refused to make any comparisons after the first bite as to not interrupt its thorough enjoyment of the Five Guys burger combination I ordered. It probably helped that I didn't wait for the warm cheese, beef patty, and grilled toppings to lose its sizzle. This burger was just as good an any I've tasted, and the 2-1/2 hour drive just appeared even shorter.

Five Guys Burgers and Fries
2923 Lakewood Village
North Little Rock, AR 72116
ph +1.501.246.5295


Film photo by Sophorn.

Five Guys Burgers and Fries on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

norococo Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2014

Powered by Blogger.