Our Blog

Lunch at The Beauty Shop




The Beauty Shop is one of the rare places in Memphis where good food meets good design.  The barrel vault ceiling, custom-made shimmering wall covering, and rustic with classic furniture mix create a place I can brag about to fellow architects and designers coming from the hip, more urban cities. Some of the integrated seats and mirrors are actually a few throwbacks to the original beauty shop. It was quite fitting I had a lunch meeting there to discuss the upcoming AIA Memphis design awards with the committee chairs / designers.

As always, I ordered the sugar and cayenne dusted frites. A strange combination to some but absolutely addictive to me. I then ordered for the first time the day's crepe special stuffed with roast beef and gruyere cheese. The simple sweetness of the crepe made the biggest impact overall.  I'm not sure what other fillings they offer as specials during the week but I'm determined to try as many lunch and dessert crepes there as I can. Owner Karen Carrier also runs Another Roadside Attraction, the catering company providing the food for the upcoming design awards gala.  We're all looking forward for incredible food there as well.  / Thanks Josh and Myra for being fantastic lunch company.    






The Beauty Shop
Cooper Young
966 S Cooper St
Memphis, TN 38104
ph +1.901.272.7111

Photos by Sophorn. Mental note: I'm going to retry that mirror shot on my next visit with the smaller serving container.

Beauty Shop on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

  1. This makes me HUNGRY! :) Awesome pics as always and it's great to see such an awesome shout-out to one of my FAVORITE places in town to eat. Hope all's going well with you, Christopher, and Atticus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat. You always unknowingly come to the rescue when I need a positive note to my day. Atticus is home sick. Apparently something is going around. Hope all is well with you though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Beauty Shop! I always get the goat cheese dumplings. Soooo good. The apple salad is to die for, and if you want drinks, I reccomend the Pimm's Cup, or the Sangria. Both very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Robyn. I have not tried any of those. yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend of mine told me about "The Beauty Shop" had to offer. I am planning a trip this weekend with some friends and decided to visit your place when we arrive.


    manuka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.
    קוסמטיקאית

    ReplyDelete

norococo Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2014

Powered by Blogger.