Our Blog

Guest Music Mix {Brandon} Fareveller Music Festival


In anticipation of the 2nd annual Fareveller Music Festival starting next week in Memphis, I've invited the festival founder Brandon Herrington to take over my playlist this week. With related significance, he is also a local musician in a very chill electronic band called Fast Planet. Less related but still a pretty cool tidbit to know is that Brandon is known in my design world as an incredible graphic designer at the architecture firm brg3s.

Fareveller is bringing some great indie artists to Memphis March 22-24. I'm personally excited to see Maps and Atlases, Those Darlins, and the Hood Internet. Read more on the festival here.

In the meantime, enjoy Brandon's handpicked playlist this week with songs I imagine every talented designer already has in their mix already. And I mean that as the biggest compliment possible. / Details: One song will be revealed each day. Listen on the sidebar player labeled "Ear Treasures Set 4". Thanks Brandon! I love how your photo looks just like the guy in the Badly Drawn Boy album cover.

///
Day / Artist / Brandon's song description.

M / Badly Drawn Boy / I cannot be in a bad mood after listening to this song. It has a windows down, long drive feel that is perfect to start a week.

T / Red House Painters / Mark Kozelek has consistently put out beautiful, thought provoking music through both the Red House Painters and Sun Kil Moon. The simplicity of this song’s lyrics and melody coupled with the great acoustic guitar work make you forget it’s almost seven minutes long!

W/ Ryan Adams / I actually don’t like the original, but this cover is one of my favorite songs Ryan Adams ever recorded.

TH / Sbtrkt / Everyone’s been hailing his song, Wildfire, which is probably my favorite track on that release. However, the entire album is so strong that I had to give props to another track that keeps my head bobbin.

F / Air (Breakbot Remix) / My knowledge of remixes is extremely limited, however I did just stumble upon a pretty sweet version of this song. Breakbot essentially takes Air to a dance party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

norococo Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab Copyright © 2014

Powered by Blogger.